Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Discon 2012 Photos

I mean photos of our club participatioin only, not the entire District as there are hundreds of those photos.

?he first District Convention I have attended was Discon (December) 2006 during my term as Club President of RC Taguig Fort Bonifacio, RY 2006-07. I have not attended all other Discon after that, so I was curious what's new in the annual big event of the District. This is my 2nd Discon attendance so far.

There were only five of us from our club who attended the District Convention 2012. Immediate Past President Niel Antonio, his wife and club President-Elect Rose Antonio, President Norlan de Leon, his wife and Club Secretary Meann de Leon.

With District Secretary Lito Colona (4th from left, between Niel and Rose) and District Governor Billy Villareal (2nd from right, between Meann and President Norlan). The guy beside me is Pres. Norlan's classmate from another club.

The Antonio and de Leon couples. Upper photo from left: Pres. Niel, Meann, PE Rose and IPP Niel.

Lower photo is with Asst. Governor Jules Nivea from RC Rizal West. This is our "mother club", they chartered our club in March 29, 2000 or 12 years ago. Jules is also a good friend of the club, he has visited us several times.

Below, upper left photo with Immediate Past District Governor (IPDG) Ed Alvarez. Sen. Chiz Escudero was the guest speaker at lunch time. He spoke about the impeachment proceedings with CJ Corona, other political issues.


Sen. Chiz talked in very fluent but straight Filipino. I was wondering how the foreign guests -- high rotary officers from S. Korea, Japan, other Asian countries, the GSE teams from Germany and Netherlands, as well as foreigner rotarians of the district -- were able to understand.

My photo with the two couples.

Lower photo is my good friend from UP, also the godmother of my 2nd child Bien Mary, Rotarian Cecilia Quiambao from a club in Alabang. I was surprised to see her that night, she said she was a new Rotarian, inducted only a few months ago.

I like the discussions in the morning until early afternoon, but not so much in the late afternoon. In the evening, the presentations by the current team -- Club Presidents and District Officers -- were nice and cool. They have a number of good singers.

No comments: