Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Hi, Welcome!

Hello friends,

Welcome to my new blog, my 5th blog actually on 5 different subjects and concerns, on a single account. (I might add a 6th blog later :-))

I have been chosen by my clubmates in RC Taguig-Fort Bonifacio (RCTFB) to be the club President-Elect (PE) for RY 2006-2007. I was really hesitant to accept the job because of a number of personal limitations, from financial to time constraint as my wife will give birth to our first child this coming October! But PP Jed Inciong, IPP Joel Ciron, and current Serving President Glenn Inciong, urged me to accept the challenge. The also gave a modest contribution and a portion of club money to help me pay the training fee. They also brought in AG Tony Chiong to help in convincing me. With enough assurance of various forms of support from these guys, I said Yes!

So, last weekend, March 18-19, I joined District 3830's Presidents-Elect Training Seminar (PETS) held in MMLDC, Antipolo City. It was a training that I really enjoyed a lot, as I got to meet and shared sweat and laughter with many classmates (we were about 70 PEs there) who will become their respective club Presidents starting this coming July 1, as well as district officials and leaders.

Gov. Jimmy Cura, you never cease to amaze me with your very articulate and inspiring speeches! Governor-Elect Butch Francisco, your always smiling face assures me that we'll have lots of fun amidst some hardships in springing our clubs to good leadership. IPG Tony Quila, your presence and leadership in those 2 days and 1 night of training and fun was very reaassuring. And to my sister, incoming AG for administration, Marycris Oplas, your dynamism and casualness in dealing with us new blood of leaders, is very inspiring. Hats off to you and other district guys!

My succeeding posts on my notes and observations about the PETS...

No comments: